I was tagged by one of my most-very-favourite-daddy-bloggers, babberblog, in this meme ages ago. Now sometimes I am just spectacularly dizzy and forget all about doing it, only to suddenly remember the night before I am about to see the tagger for real that I STILL haven’t written it. Not the case this time. Oh no.
This is approximately the eleventy-hundredth time I have sat down and started to write this post. And, yet again, I am drawing a blank.
What do I want?
I am pretty sure I don’t have everything I want so this should be easy right?
I think perhaps I am over-thinking this as I am secretly concerned that my list will look too frivolous, shallow or selfish. I also worry that perhaps I don’t want to over-think this as then I might realise that actually there is so much that I want that I don’t have I should really be deeply dissatisfied. Only I’m not so that can’t be true can it?
These are the first things that come into my head and I WILL NOT think about this anymore.
1. I want W to be healthy and happy and to grow up surrounded by people who will love and respect him. I want him to find something and someone that he loves in life and go after them with all his heart.
2. I want to grow old with Mr B watching the above happen.
3. I want to be thin and fit again. I am working on it but I wish it would happen faster than it currently is. It would also be nice if it did not mean having to go without wine and chocolate buttons so regularly.
4. I want this dress.
5. And these shoes.
6. And this.
7. I want to feel more confident in social situations. I want to not constantly worry that I will say the wrong thing, or not say the right thing, or not have anything to say at all.
8. I want to stop growing grey hairs.
9. And hair on my legs completely. That would free up huge amounts of time.
10. I want a little holiday flat near Portofino where W can spend his summers learning to speak Italian.
11. I want bits of my house to stop falling off or springing leaks.
12. I want the b****y stereo in our b****y piece of s**t car to start working again. Not only would it make long journeys more tolerable but silent indicators really freak me out.
13. I want to make a quilt.
14. I want to finish this now.
So there you have it. A little insight into the workings of my tiny mind.
I refuse to re-read this or think about altering anything any more so my apologies if it is riddled with spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.
If I don’t publish it now I never will.
It seems a bit mean after struggling so long with this myself to tag anyone else but they are the rules people. I think.
So I duly tag three of my favourite girls…
…I know they will do a far better job of this than me but should they wish to ignore entirely, I will understand completely!