This is such a quick and simple thai green curry dish that is perfect for an easy midweek supper and should be a hit with the whole family, even the kids. I came across the recipe over on the BBC Good Food website and we love it.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25minutes
Approximate calories per portion: 337kCal
Serves: 2 adults and 2 children
You will need:
- 4 small skinless, chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1-3 tbsp of thai green curry paste
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 small courgette, halved lengthways and then thinly sliced.
- 100g green beans, sliced
- Juice from 1 lime
- Small handful of chopped coriander leaves
- Heat the oil in a large pan, high heat, and when hot add the chicken. Stir gently for approximately 4 minutes until beginning to brown.
- Add the curry paste and stir until chicken is fully coated. (I normally add just 1 tbsp at this stage.)
- Add the coconut milk and reduce the heat until gently simmering.
- Cook for 5 minutes and then add the green beans.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes and then add the courgette and cook for a further 3 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice to taste and the chopped coriander. I tend to use all of it.
- At this stage I remove the childrens’ portions.
- I then add 2 more tbsp of green thai curry paste, stir through and heat through for a further minute or two.
- Serve with boiled rice.
This is such a simple and quick dish to make and the spice intensity can be easily adjusted to suit all tastes. Although it does not include the traditional thai ingredients of fish sauce and lemongrass it is still very tasty and perhaps more suited to younger palates.
Why not give it a whirl and let me know what you think?
To check out more great recipe ideas head on over and visit the wonderful A Mummy Too for her recipe if the week.