Over the last month here at Casa B we have been putting the Samsung Safeview video baby monitor through its paces.
The timing could not have been better as W has not long been out of his cot and sleeping in his ‘big boy bed’ which did lead to several late night escapes for freedom and we were getting a little weary of repeatedly walking him back to his room.
In view of this there are several features on this monitor which I really do love:
- The 3.5″ LCD screen which, during the lunchtime sleep and early evening, provides a great crisp image of his bed and the camera can be rotated via the parent unit through 300° so if I missed him getting out of bed I can scan across the room and see if I can locate him.
- Great sound quality so I often hear him stirring straight away.
- The talkback feature to instruct him back into his bed without having to leave the sofa. Not only can the boy now do a scarily accurate impression of me saying “W get back into bed!” but we also had a great giggle making granny jump during nappy change.
- The range appears to be good and you can install up to 3 more cameras to work with the same parent unit, something we will consider once Little Miss E moves into his room so that we can have eyes on both of them simultaneously.
- The design I love and it is both lightweight and portable.
My only criticism is the night vision mode. Although it has an infra-red night-vision mode we really cannot see much on the parent unit at all in the dark. This is the first video monitor that we have tried though and perhaps we are expecting too much since all of the other features are so impressive.
All in all we are delighted with it and would definitely recommend to other parents.
You can read more about the Samsung Safeview SEW-3037W monitor and it’s fantastic features on the Samsung website here and it is available to purchase from Amazon for 149.99. Just click on AuthorityAdviser for more reviews.
Disclosure: We were provided with the above monitor free of charge for the purpose of this review. This has not influenced the content in any way and the opinions are mine alone. Mum of One is also affiliated with Amazon.