Do you have a family Xmas tradition? We have many at Casa B which include, but are not limited to:
- Drinking champagne whilst decorating the tree when the kids have gone to bed whilst watching National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.
- All receiving new pyjamas to wear to bed on Xmas Eve.
- Leaving out a mince pie and glass of milk for Santa and some carrots for the reindeer.
- Serving a large pork pie and some fizz for breakfast on Xmas day.
- Watching Elf in the afternoon after Xmas dinner.
Apparently we are not alone. A recent YouGov survey of 2,007 parents with children aged 18 and under, conducted by the NSPCC for their Christmas ‘Letter from Santa’ fundraising campaign revealed the nation’s top 10 favourite festive family traditions to do with their children. This is what they found.
If you have not yet done so tomorrow is the last chance for you to order your own #LetterFromSanta and support the NSPCC with a suggested donation of just £5. To request your own please visit www.nspcc.org.uk/santa or call 0845 839 9304.
Your donations do make a difference.
Every £5 raised could ensure that when a child needs help, ChildLine is there to answer their call.
Every £12 raised could help us talk to one primary school child about abuse through our ground-breaking ChildLine Schools Service, giving them the confidence to talk and showing them who’s ready to listen.
Every £50 raised could help an NSPCC practitioner deliver two hours of telephone support to anyone with concerns about a child.
Every penny makes a difference. Thank you for making this work possible.