After a very over indulgent summer holiday Mr B and I are now on a mission to get back into shape and start eating more healthily.
Regular BeachBody workouts are back on the schedule at Casa B and we are aiming to ‘eat clean’ 70-80% of the week. As my fitness buddies keep telling me, abs are not made in the gym, they’re made in the kitchen.
We tried this recipe for the first time last week and it was AMAZING. It also made the kitchen smell incredible. It is a slightly adapted version of a recipe by James Duigan whose Clean and Lean Diet Cookbook I would thoroughly recommend.
- 1 tbsp wasabi paste
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tuna steaks
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 red chiles, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed and blanched
- 1 cup tenderstem broccoli, trimmed and blanched
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 lime cut into wedges to serve
- Heat a griddle pan until very hot.
- Mix together the wasabi paste, olive oil and sesame seeds and rub all over the tuna steaks.
- Sear the tuna for 2-3 minutes each side then set aside.
- In a frying pan heat the sesame oil, add the chiles and shallots and toss for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the beans and broccoli and the oyster sauce.
- Continue to cook for 8 minutes then serve with the tuna and lime wedges.
For more recipe ideas why not follow me on pinterest:
If you do give this one a try please let me know what you think. We loved it!