As regular readers will now my belly-busting days are now back in full swing. Regular circuit training is now back on the agenda and I am trying to eat clean at least 5 days a week. What I have struggled with most is the concept of eating more, but smaller, meals throughout the day. This still doesn’t totally gel with our routine but we are getting better at it.
Increased exercise though automatically leads to increased appetite so I have been trying to come up with some clean-ish snacks.
This is my favourite night-time treat with a cup of herbal tea. It is a bit of a hybrid recipe taken in part from a friend’s slimming world recipe and part from a recipe over at Eat Yourself Skinny. I would strongly recommend this site for more clean recipe ideas.
I am NO baker but this requires one jug, one bowl, a wooden spoon, a baking tray and that is all. It is so very simple. And it’s truly yummy.
If you do give it a whirl please let me know what you think.
For more ‘clean and lean’ recipe ideas why not also check out my pinterest board? Don’t forget to follow as I will be continually adding to it over the next few months.
- 350ml rolled oats
- 120ml desiccated coconut
- 225ml sultanas
- 50ml broken pecan nuts
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 50ml fat free Greek yoghurt
- 150ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1.5 tbsp local honey
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C.
- Mix all of the above in the order listed together in a mixing bowl.
- Spread on a greased and lined baking tray. (I used Fry-light spray to grease).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and just firm.
- Allow to cool for ten minutes.
- Divide into 12 and allow to cool completely.
- What makes this even simpler is the fact everything can be measured with just one measuring jug and a few measuring spoons.