As some of you will know the 2012 Cybher conference is fast approaching, and I will be attending, YAY. Although very excited at the prospect of meeting all you lovely bloggers I am also quite scared.
Not just about meeting you all.
But about getting there.
I have a ridiculous fear of the London underground. Mainly because EVERYONE knows ALL the thieves, robbers and pickpockets live there. Don’t they?
I have always had this crazy fear of the underground as am totally convinced some, if not all, of the following will occur.
1. I will be thieved-from/robbed/pick-pocketed.
2. I will be abducted and sold to….well someone scary.
3. I will get stuck in those awful turnstiles and be left there FOREVER, which will be extremely annoying to all the other under-grounders who will hurl abuse and stuff.
4. I will get stuck, and swallowed up by those crazily-tall escalators.
5. I will get on the wrong tube and spend days travelling around and around unable to find my way home.
6. I will fall down THE GAP and die horribly.
So, you see I am scared.
But wait, it gets worse. Not only will I be traveling ALONE, I will be traveling ALONE WITH A SUITCASE.
I am DOOMED.
So, do any of you city folk have some advice to help me find my way safely from London Paddington to The Strand?
Failing that will one of you come and hold my hand?