Quick and Easy Halloween Treats for Busy Mums
With Halloween just around the corner I have been on the hunt for some quick and simple Halloween treats for when the neighbours and their children pop by.
As a busy working Mum I really don’t have much time for baking or anything too fiddly so below are some of the simplest Halloween treats I could come up with.
White Chocolate Ghouls
These spooky treats come from the wonderful A Mummy Too, simply with the addition of two milk chocolate drops for eyes.
- Simply melt 100g of white chocolate drops in a bowl.
- Cut half a loaf of Soreen into small cubes. They will squish up a bit as you cut them.
- Place a cocktail stick in each one and roll in the white chocolate until covered.
- Stick on two milk or dark chocolate drops for eyes.
- Allow to set on a sheet or greaseproof paper.
I confess I bought these ready-made and ready-iced cupcakes from the supermarket. If you have time to make your own then you could choose different colour icing etc but if, as it is for me, convenience is key they make a quick and simple treat.
- Glue milk chocolate drops to white chocolate buttons with an icing pen for eyes.
- Cut some sugary-laces in half and stick into the icing to make spidery legs.
Quick, simple and delicious.
Spooky Savoury Chips and Dips
This is a very quick and easy idea for Halloween snacks that I found over at Good Food.
- Draw out your shapes on to a piece of card and cut out to use as templates. My shapes can be downloaded in this PDF Halloween Templates.
- Lay out soft flour tortillas on a chopping board and with a sharp knife use your templates to cut out shapes.
- Cover a flat plate with poppy seeds.
- Lightly brush one side of the bat shapes and witches hats with oil and dip this side onto the poppy seeds.
- Place seed-side up on a baking sheet.
- For the ghosts dot two spots of oil onto one side for eyes and dip in poppy seeds. Then brush the rest of the shape lightly with oil and place on the baking sheet.
- Heat in a pre-heated oven (200°C) for 8-10 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool and then serve with
salsablood-and-guts and guacamolezombie-bogies.
These make a quick and simple Halloween pud that the kids will love.
- Make up a packet of Angel Delight according to the packet instructions.
- Pour into childrens coloured beakers
- With an icing pen draw two black eyes onto ready-made, mini meringue nests.
- Place on top of the mousse.
So, there you have it. Some quick and simple Halloween treats that can be made in minutes by even the busiest of Mums and Dads.