We JUST made this for tea tonight and it was so super easy I had to write it up for you guys. I am starting to concentrate more on my food this week as I start a new diet and fitness programme next Monday so want to try out some stuff this week so I have them in my armoury!
Clean and Lean: Prawn and Vegetable Broth
A delicious clean and lean hearty broth that takes minutes to make. If you don't like prawns works equally well with two large chicken breasts chopped.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 78
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 9g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 39g
Dietary Fiber 5g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, chopped
- 80g mange tout
- 65g baby sweetcorn whole or chopped
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 180g beansprouts
- 2 tsp low salt soy sauce
- 100ml low salt vegetable stock
- 145g cooked and peeled king prawns
- 5 spring onions, chopped.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large non stick frying pan or wok.
- Add your mushrooms, mange tout and sweetcorn and stir fry with 1 tbsp of oyster sauce for for 3-4 minutes.
- Add half of your beansprouts and remaining tbsp oyster sauce, the soy sauce and stir.
- Pour over your vegetable stock and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining bean sprouts and prawns simmer for a further two minutes.
- Garnish with the chopped spring onions and serve in warmed bowls.
- If you don't like prawns use two large chicken breasts chopped.
- The reason I split the beansprouts is I don't like them too crunchy but Tom does!
- If you like them crunchy add them all nearer the end.
Mum Of One http://jbmumofone.com/
For those of you using the Beachbody Portion Containers I think each serving counts as roughly…1/2 red container, 1 green container and 1 teaspoon. (I’m not sure where on earth the oyster and soy would go…shhhhh)
Leave a Reply