There I posted about the extremely delicious Poulet Saute that we made from their sumptuous chicken breasts and, today, I am sharing the most brilliant recipe for sausages that we found in The Observer. We used their fantastic Riverside thick cut pork sausages and it was to die for.
To have a go yourself, here is what to do:
Sausage and Mustard Meatball Pasta
- 450g good quality sausages
- 500ml beef stock
- 250ml double cream
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Handful chopped dill
- Remove the skins from your sausages and roll into approximately 24 balls, slightly smaller than a golf ball.
- Warm a non-stick frying pan and cook the balls until they are an even brown colour all over.
- Tip away any excess fat and our in your stock.
- Bring to the boil, allow to reduce a little, and then pour in your cream.
- Stir in your Dijon mustard gently and season with slat and pepper to taste.
- Continue cooking for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the balls to a warm dish and increase the heat under the sauce and allow it to reduce a little.
- Whilst doing so boil your pasta.
- Once the pasta is cooked serve with the meatballs and pour over your sauce.
- Sprinkle with the chopped dill and enjoy!
This is truly delicious and paired really well with a bottle of Bruno di Montalcino red.
Do you have any interesting sausage recipes? Do let me know.
Linking up to…
Disclosure: No payment was received for this post however the sausages, as part of a meat hamper, were provided free of charge for the purpose of review.