One of my many resolutions for the coming year is to be a better blogger. I have been abandoning the blog somewhat of late and it is something that I really do want to get back to. I feel like I have kind of stopped writing. At least writing about the things that are actually on my mind or going on in my life. It is not the journal that it it once was and I miss that.
As the kids are getting bigger I am becoming increasingly sure that I may share less about them. Later this year our lives will change completely when The Boy starts school and I think this will also be a turning point for the blog. I am not sure exactly what direction we will take but I would like to keep it going. I love to write. I love the friendships I have made, the support I have received from strangers and the genuine laughs that I have had.
So, in light of this here is a brief summary of life at Casa B right now.
- We have moved to Devon.
- We are very glad we did.
- We sometimes feel a little out of our depth and are currently struggling to light a fire without the aid of those cheaty-logs in paper envelopes. I became fairly aware of just how different things are when the sofa removal guys asked why we weren’t keeping it to chop up for the bonfire. The bonfire? I am pretty sure they would have arrested us in Bristol when the nightly Police helicopter caught sight of it had we lit one.
- We went from being a no-axe family to a two-axe family in 24 hours. The first was apparently too small.
- I ate a pheasant….it was actually quite nice.
- We hit the beach on Boxing Day and New Years Eve. Both times it was freezing. Both times I loved.
- We have terrible curtains but can’t quite summon up the will to do anything about it.
- I have a rubbish cooker that has a mind of its own and resulted in a somewhat
rawundercooked turkey on Xmas day. We all survived.
- The kids have settled into nursery and Mr B is enjoying being self employed for the first time in over a decade.
- We are happy.
All in all 2015 is looking like it should be a really good year for Team B.
Thanks for sticking with us and we wish you all love, luck and happiness for the year to come.