The marvelous Kate is having a pre-christmas clear out before embarking on the much
dreaded anticipated Christmas shopping trip. Before venturing out however, she has had the terribly clever idea of asking us all to list our own top five toys. She will then compile the results before issuing us all with our Santa-busting top ten MUST BUY lists. This woman is a genius.
So, here are the top five buys we, or other kind souls, have made for W.
1. Racing into the number one spot, without a doubt, has to be THE STACKING CUPS. Was a more useful
distraction toy ever invented? In fact I love them so much they were even the subject of my first ever blog post. No, really. To check it out click here. We love them so much we take them everywhere. Even on our holidays…
2. In the number two spot it would have to be W’s comforter which is imaginatively known as ‘ducky’. This was W’s first ever toy, bought for him by my Mum literally the day after I told her I was pregnant. So it is very special to both me and W. He loves it, cuddles it every night, and we honestly don’t go ANYWHERE without it for fear that he won’t go to sleep. And shhhhhh now in case he hears…….I have even bought a spare in case the washing machine one day decides to eat him or some other such tragedy prevails.
3. In at number three would have to be the best bath toy in the world, and not to be confused with number two, ‘rubber-ducky’. I know, I know but we are a house full of scientists. Creativity is really not our strong point. Bath-time in our house is loud, messy and possibly my favourite moment of the day and wouldn’t be the same without this little fella…
4. In fourth place is the toy-car/baby walker. This one was great at getting W used to being upright, and now, as it doesn’t move easily on our carpet, doubles as a kind of friendly baby-jail-type thing if I need to nip out to put the kettle on. As you can see below, he LOVES it…
5. And finally, closing out our top five toys, THE EMPTY ROSES TIN and WOODEN SPOON. If you can bear the noise there are hours of fun in this…and obviously you have to empty it first to get the tone JUST RIGHT. But only for the baby’s sake.
Well, there you have it. Our top five MUST HAVE TOYS. Now hop on over to Kate’s to check out the rest by clicking…..HERE!