When my old baby monitors gave up the ghost after 18 months I was delighted when Philips kindly offered to send me a new set to review. Now some of my regular readers may have had a little giggle at the somewhat, let’s say retro-appearance when I posted this shot of the old ones…
…so I was delighted when the parcel arrived and I unpacked these.
They look somewhat more modern don’t you think? The other truly delightful thing was that they were ready to use. We simply plugged in the baby unit and we were good to go.
We have now used them for over a month and here are the best bits in my opinion:
- They look pretty!
- They are extremely simple to operate.
- The baby unit has a built in night-light and a selection of soothing lullabies which can be very useful in calming W down ready to sleep.
- They have great range, 330m in total. The parent unit did not lose the link with the baby unit even at the end of our garden.
- The parent unit battery can run for 24 hours before needing to be re-charged.
- The parent unit has easy-to-see blue-light sound indicator levels and noise sensitivity levels apear to be good. It is a quality product.
Improvements that could be made:
- Although the design of the parent unit is nice to look at it is not actually very practical. It is quite tall and narrow with a very small base which does make it quite difficult to stand up and it topples over frequently.
- As well as the neck strap on the parent unit I feel it could also benefit from a belt-clip type attachment so it could be easily attached to a trouser pocket when on the move.
On the whole though I feel this is a far superior product to our previous baby monitors and retailing at approximately £55 I would definitely recommend them.
Disclosure: No payment was received for this post but the monitors were provided free of charge for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own and entirely honest.