Halloween Craft for Toddlers
Pinterest is chock-a-block with wonderful Halloween ideas at the moment and when I stumbled across this post I decided to get crafty myself. Since W is only a toddler he is not really big enough to get involved with pumpkin carving yet, so this felt pumpkin seemed to be a great way to involve him in the Halloween fun.
As I currently have my Mother-in-laws sewing machine on loan I decided to see what I could cobble together. It turned out to actually be pretty simple.
- Cut out two identical pumpkin shapes from felt squares. I chose orange and green.
- Cut out green stalk shape and pin, then sew to back felt shape.
- Pin both pumpkin shapes together.
- Sew around the edges but do not sew across the top leaving the top open to form a pouch.
- Cut out lots of black felt shapes to make eyes, noses, mouth etc.
And there you have it. A felt pumpkin for your toddler to decorate and the pieces can be kept inside the pumpkin pouch when you have finished.
Crafty crafty eh?