Desperate to lose some of the baby-weight I have recently embarked on the 30 day shred once again. Whilst it feels great to be exercising again I am not too happy with the rate of weight loss. Patience is not a particular strength of mine.
Not being one to let any new diet or exercise fad pass me by I have decided to give the 5:2 diet a go. I know several bloggers have had great success with it, the lovely Steph from I’m Counting UFOZ and Lucy from The Mummy Returns to name but two.
Today is my first day and this is what I have just had for lunch.
The recipe is actually one I got from my Mum. It really is delicious and very simple to make. You will need:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 baking potato, thinly sliced
- 250g split red lentils
- 1.5 pints chicken stock made with one chicken stock cube
- 50g chopped tomatoes
- 15g butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Place the onion and butter in a large bowl, cover and microwave for 2 minutes until soft.
- Stir in all the remaining ingredients except the chopped tomatoes, cover and microwave for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf, add the tomatoes and blend.
- Heat for a further 3 minutes in the microwave.
This makes 6 portions and has just 130 calories per serving.
For tea I am going to make a chicken and spinach curry I found on this i-phone app.
I will let you know how I get on. If you are thinking of giving this diet a try do check out Steph’s blog. There are tonnes of great recipes there.
Wish me luck folks.