It is now week two of my 5:2 diet and I am once again relying on a soup recipe of my Mum’s to get me through lunch. This week I am having this delicious courgette-curry soup.
To make this you will need:
- 2 sliced shallots
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 10g olive/low-fat spread
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp white flour
- 1 chicken stock cube…you could use vegetable stock cube if preferred or if vegetarian
- 150ml water
- 450g courgettes sliced
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Basil leaves to serve
- Put shallots, garlic and olive spread in a large bowl. Cover and microwave on high for two minutes.
- Sieve flour, curry powder and crumbled stock cube over this. Mix well.
- Add courgettes and water to the bowl and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper. I use LOTS of black pepper to give it a kick.
- Cover and microwave on high for ten minutes, stirring well after two minutes and again after four minutes.
- Blend in mixer to desired consistency.
- Warm milk for two minutes then mix in well.
- Heat through and serve with basil leaves if desired.
This recipe makes 3 decent servings and contains just 127 calories per serving.
It is difficult to know how much weight I have lost since starting this a week ago but, combined with two weeks of the 30 day shred, I have lost 5lbs in weight and 7cm around my waist in a fortnight. Fingers crossed for another good week here.
I am honestly finding the 5:2 diet a lot easier than expected and even Mr B is giving it a go.
I still want to lose another two stone though so I have a long way to go yet.
Wish me luck!