So I am currently on a bit of a health and fitness mission.
I have decided that 2017 is the year to finally whip myself into some kind of half decent shape.
In order to help me achieve this I have set myself a number of challenges.
In March I will be taking part in Rocksolid Exeter…1 5k race full of impossible looking mud-filled obstacles that I am utterly terrified about. I am already regretting this decision but is all for a very good cause and I will be running in aid of ELF, the Exeter Leukeamia fund. I will be posting more about this soon.
In July I will also be taking part in a 5K inflatable obstacle race followed later in the summer by The River Dart raft challenge.
I also have a holiday booked in May and I would love to have lost 20lbs by then.
Despite having no alcohol and working out every day since new year the weight loss has been very, VERY, slow. This must be down to my nutrition.
So, I am now going to be strictly following the Beachbody 21 Day Fix Nutrition plan alongside my workouts and today I will be posting a super healthy lunch recipe.
This requires considerable planning and meal prepping so over the next few weeks I will be posting some of the recipes I will be making for those of you also following the plan to use.
The following fishcakes should hopefully make for a pretty taste lunch. They are also suitable for freezing, simply defrost overnight in the fridge and reheat in a microwave when required.
Wish me luck folks!
- 320g sweet potato cubed (peeled and chopped weight) = 5 yellow containers
- 1 small onion finely diced = 1 green container
- 1 red chilli with seeds finely chopped = 1/8 purple container
- 4 spring onions chopped = 1/6 green container
- 3 x 120g Tuna (I used no drain tuna in a little olive oil. If not using this drain very well.) = 3 red containers
- 1 large egg = 1/2 red container
- 1 slice wholemeal bread blitzed into breadcrumbs = 1 yellow container
- 1 handful chopped parsley = free
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil = 1 teaspoon
- 2 sprays Fry light olive oil spray
- Heat the oven to 200 Deg C
- Boil and mash the sweet potato and allow to cool.
- Fry the onion, parsley and chilli in 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil until dark brown, nearly burnt.
- In a large bowl mix the tuna with the spring onion, and fried onion, parsley and chilli.
- Gradually add the mashed sweet potato mixing well.
- Crack in the large egg and combine with the fishcake mixture, gradually adding the breadcrumbs also.
- Add cracked black pepper to taste.
- Mould fishcakes into 14 balls, each just larger than a golf ball.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper and sprayed with 2 sprays of Fry Light cooking spray.
- Place in the oven for 40 minutes until browned.
- 3/4 yellow
- 1/2 red
- 1/4 green.
- 3/4 yellow
- 1/2 red
- 1 green
- 1 orange