Now that we are back to daily workouts the increase in exercise is beginning to reflect equally in our appetites here at Casa B.
I am now in the habit of making a large batch of turkey meatballs on a Sunday and Mr B and I will gradually work our way through them throughout the week, whenever we are in need of a clean, low-fat, high protein snack.
Below is a batch I just made with a chilli twist.
If you are not a chilli fan simply substitute the spring onion and sweet chilli sauce for some finely diced shallots and a few teaspoons of dried herbs. (Oregano, basil and thyme work really well). This would be our usual batch and probably still my favourite but the recipe below makes for a nice change.
- 600g lean turkey mince
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 generous pinch dried red chilli flakes
- Salt and ground black pepper to season
- 2 sprays Fry Light spray to grease baking paper
- Preheat the oven to 200 deg C.
- Place the turkey mince, spring onion, and garlic in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the sweet chilli sauce, egg and chilli flakes and mix again.
- Then add the salt and pepper and breadcrumbs and mix until begins to bind together.
- Roll into balls, just smaller than a ping-pong ball.
- Place on your lined, greased tray and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden.